A moleskin is a fabric that’s used to prevent or treat injury. In the backblast its an opportunity to wax poetic about the events of the morning; kind of like a moleskin for the soul. Generally we put the moleskin last but today I wanna put it up front for anyone that gets bored easily and quits reading.
For those of you unaccustomed to gear workouts, they’re a bit different than your typical bootcamp for a variety of reasons, but a big one is how much time you need to set up and tear down. Between the coupons, dumbbells, tire, slam balls, etc. it takes a bit to lug it over to the workout area and arrange it for the PAX. So I’m always impressed by the guys that get there early and stay late to help set things up even when it isn’t their day to Q. This isn’t to call out anyone who hasn’t done that, but rather to thank those that have. It is noticed and it is appreciated. Plus, it’s a nice little bonus workout you didn’t know you were getting!
Typical Diesel station-based workout, done with a partner for the mumble chatter:
- Awkward Farmer’s Carry Timer – Carry one of those weights (pretty sure it started at 40 lbs and magically grew to about 80) around the two islands
- Tire Flip
- Moroccan Night Clubs with Dumbbells
- Tricep Extensions with Kettlebells
- Big Boy Situps with Slam Ball
- Bicep Curl with Dumbbells
- Resistance Band Flys
- Lateral Raises with Dumbbells
We did two rounds each of the timer then moved on to the Coupon Webb. Lots of groaning…before, during, and after.
1 Squat Thruster / 4 Bent Over Rows
2 Squat Thrusters / 8 Bent Over Rows
10 Squat Thrusters / 40 Bent Over Rows
Back to the station work from above for another two rounds. A little slower on the Farmer’s Carry this time for some reason…
Did I mention the groans? Big 10 was excited when I described round 2 of the Coupon Webb:
1 Merkin (on the Coupon) / 4 Calf Raises (on the Coupon)
2 Merkins / 8 Calf Raises
10 Merkins / 40 Calf Raises
Back to the station work where I’m pretty sure everyone intentionally tanked to make sure we didn’t have time for another Coupon Webb.
Gonna feel it tomorrow!
Wait, another moleskin? Well, it’s best to apply before and after to minimize injury and speed healing.
- Big 10 – A Diesel regular and it shows. Wanna know what Diesel can do for you? Check out those guns! He doesn’t know it yet, but he’s on Q for next week.
- Catfish – This dude drives from Unionville, which is something like 6 hours away, multiple times a week to get his butt kicked by F3 Waxhaw. If you ever need motivation to get out of bed and post, just look at this HIM
- Draper and Mayhem- New to Diesel but it sounds like we might have some regulars. Both guys pushed hard and I didn’t hear any complaints, even during our stupid Coupon Webbs. Welcome aboard!
- Posse – Always happy to see Posse when I post. He may not realize it, but he’s been a great encouragement to me to push through the fun of being a Site Q and the intricacies involved…Much respect
Thanks Catfish for taking us out
- Vagabond – Tomorrow (11/9/19) at Hickory Tavern in Waverly. 6:30am
- Christ’s Closet – Tomorrow (11/9/19 at the Stratford YMCA @ 1946 West Blvd – M and 2.0 friendly. 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Diesel is looking for guys to Q. It’s not hard. None of that crazy in cadence counting. Look at a few backblasts for ideas, lay out the gear and we all do it together. Wanna spice it up? Look at Foundation’s Q to see what kind of fun you can get into. Talk to myself or Brutus to get on the schedule