11 PAX in all showed up at The Arsenal this morning. 6 for the prerun, where we did the Swift prescribed 4x 800m’s at a 5k pace. The high school track was great for it for obvious reasons. 5 more arrived for the main event and Happy Meal had to bounce out. If he hadn’t had told me yesterday he wasn’t going to be able to stick around, I’d think it was when he saw Fire Hazard and I pulling the sand bags out.
Disclaimers given, sandbags shouldered, and we’re off to drop them off at the large student lot. Warmup on arrival, 15-20x of each IC
- Mountain Climber
- Low Slow Squat
The Main Event
Leave the sandbags for a minute to head up to the smaller lot for 7 of diamonds. Starting in center, run out to each corner of the lot for called exercise, run back to center between each of 4 corners. Plank for 6 between rounds.
- Rd 1 – 7x Jump Squats
- Rd 2 – 14x Sister Mary Catherine’s
- Rd 3 – 21x Monkey Humpers
- Rd 4 – 28x Calf Raises on the curb
Return to the sandbags. PAX form groups per sandbag. 1 PAX starts as the timer and begins to throw the sandbag to the other end of the lot. The rest of PAX sprint to the end that the throwing PAX is headed toward and do as many of called exercise as possible until throwing PAX makes it to them. PAX then rotate sandbag throwers, and turn around to head back to starting point of lot. We had 3 per group and ended up doing 3 rounds.
- High Knee Jumps
- Pistol Squats
Carry the sandbags back to launch. With about 10 minutes left we ran 3 laps around the parking lot doing burpees at the start. 10 after first lap, 5 after second, none for last. Plank up for final minute of time. Bounty Hunter really tried to stretch it out, but couldn’t figure out his fancy new GPS watch.
- Hit me or Happy Meal up if you want to Q a Thursday. March is full but we’ve got slots in April.
Thanks, Fire Hazard, for taking us out.
- Valuable time was somewhat wasted bringing the sandbags from launch to the student lot. It would have been better to drop them off in advance and get over to them faster. Thanks, Cobbler, for the suggestion.
- I’ve said it before, keep it simple. There’s a reason for the F3 lexicon and exercise list, and that’s because that’s what everyone knows. There was confusion when trying to explain the sandbag thrower working as a timer for the rest of the group to do AMRAP. It was short lived confusion, but avoidable if I could have just worked it in with a known routine.
- All in all I’d call it a pretty good workout. Kudos to everyone who made it out.
- Was good to see Weatherman make it out again after his FNG at Arsenal last week. Keep it up! Kudos to Run Flat for the EH.
- This was my first Q since my accident. Everyone keeps asking me if I’m recovered. The answer is 2 parts. I’m 100% over concussion symptoms and no longer limited by it or the whiplash. Conditioning wise, though, I’d say I’m about 80% of where I was before December. This was another little mental milestone for me, feeling confident enough to Q again. Thanks to everyone for the support the last few months. It’s good to be back.