22 guys showed up for some burpees, burpees, and uh, more burpees. Whipped out an extended DiCCCS today, with an added C for Coronavirus. 3…2…1…mosey!
Quick mosey around the lot and circle up for:
All IC: 15 SSH, 15 Imperial Walkers, 10 Potato Pickers, Calf Stretches (with obligatory fill-in Damascus groans), stay in plank while instructions given for:
Deconstructed Burpees: 4 corners
- 10 Squats
- 10 Merkins
- 10 In and Outs
- 10 Bobby Hurleys
Repeato – Gazelles pick up the 6
Now that we know how to do a proper burpee, prove it! 5 burpees OYO
Mosey to the bus lot
It’s been a while since we’ve done this exercise so…5 burpees OYO
Circle up on the basketball court
- 5 Burpees OYO
- 10 Merkins – “On my down. One! Dangit, every time…Down!”
- 15 Hand Release Merkins – <Insert groans here>
- 20 Mountain Climbers IC
- 45ish second Plank
- 20 Plank Jacks IC
- I may have “forgotten” the Hand Release Merkins here – no one called me on it though. Curious…
- 10 Merkins
- 5 Burpees
Mosey to the school and find a spot on the wall for a little 11s action. Start with 1 Donkey Kick then run back to the basketball court for 10 Squats. Wall for 2 DKs and courts for 9 Squats. Repeato until we’ve swapped. This one took a bit more time than I thought. I actually asked Posse at one point if this was dragging on too long. His response was “11s always take too long” which I took to mean “carry on”. For those who finished a bit ahead, Zin led with some Mary, including some stupid Hip Dip, hippy dippy, hippity hippity hip hop dip exercise that I never want to do again.
Mosey to the track for a few laps. 5 burpees on each of the long sides and 10 V-Ups and 10 Heels to Heaven on the short sides. 2 rounds of that and we’ve got 3 minutes left. Mosey back to the COT for a Burpee Minute!
I don’t like burpees. I won’t say I hate them, but it’s a pretty strong dislike. I also know burpees, if done properly, are a great full body exercise and if I could only pick one exercise to do, it’d be a pretty good one. So we did about 40 burpees plus however many you got in during the Burpee Minute at the end. If you really want to up your burpee tally you can reconstruct the deconstructed burpees and that’ll give you another 2o. Oh, but it could’ve been worse. As mentioned above, the 11s took much longer than I anticipated (the run between the wall and the court seemed shorter in my head). I was really hoping to close us out in front of the school with a lightpost/burpee/suicide run. Ah well, there’s always next time.
RE: Coronavirus – We did a good job with elbows instead of fist bumps and a wide berth COT. I know many believe it to be overblown by the media and I’m not going to argue, but it never hurts to take some precautions
- Speed for Need – Dash for Down Syndrome 5k is on March 21st. About 7 PAX signed up right now but could use a lot more. Sign up with code: SFN2020 at https://dashfordownsyndrome.raceroster.com/registration/28122/entry
- Christ’s Closet – Fold-o-rama this Thursday from 7:00 to 9:00
- Gladiator – Once a month, higher intensity workout – Zin on Q this Saturday at Cuthbertson Middle
- Coffeeteria Convergence – Following Homecoming/Commitment/Gladiator – Cuthbertson Middle from 7:30 to 8:30
YHC took us out #cradletograve