Technically, this is still an exploratory site — should YHC even write a backblast for it? It is with an abundance of caution, that he does…
- Goofball x 20 IC
- Hillbillies x 19 IC
- Morroccan Night Club x 18 IC
- Mountain Climber x 21 IC
- Windmill x 14? IC
Head to the lower playground and grab a random ball from the ground. Run the track and at the
- 1st corner – 10 merkins with right hand on the ball (bonus points for dribbling with hands or feet between stations)
- 2nd corner – 10 merkins with left hand on the ball
- 3rd corner – 10 merkins with both hands on the ball
- 4th corner – 10 merkins with feet on the ball
2 laps of that and then gather on the court for a Febreze
- 2 BB sit-ups, raise feet and do 10 chest presses with the ball
- Then 4:20, 6:30, 8:40, and 10:50
Repeato on the ball time above, except Febreze was shortened to just rounds of 2:10 and 10:50.
Say goodbye to your ball and mosey to the parking lot entrance.
Run four light poles up and at each one, do 10 Carolina Dry Docks. Around the 4th pole, there are rocks — grab one.
- Run the next 4 light poles and at each do 10 curls, 10 air presses, 10 tricep extensions.
- At the long gap between the final pole and Rea Road, walk with the rock above your head.
- Return to the rock pile, stopping at each light pole for 10 bent-over rows.
5 burpees at three light poles on the way back to COT.
YHC was quite humbled by the stellar turnout this morning for the site possibly to be known as The Body Shop (thanks to the opportunity last week to change the tire of a school employee after the workout was done). Men ranged from 2.0 to Double Respect, and 5 MASHERs did some strong work each time the rest of the group passed by — it is not known what was going on at others times. PAX traveled across the county line into the wilderness of Unincorporated Waxhaw without the promise of coffeeteria, a session of Q Source, or an 0715 happy hour. There was a deer sighting just before launch, further adding to the rural feel of the AO.
The PAX were excited to play with balls but that soon changed and the grumbling started as men realized the balls were not well inflated, thus more difficult to balance on and dribble. YHC is known for digging into the depths of the Exicon and today’s round of The Febreze was an unexpected bit of torture — who knew you had to work those hip flexors more often? Some of the newer guys realized they haven’t spent enough time on their 6 and may be soft there. The shoulders were burning with the rock work.
And, just as 95% of garages and shops operate, this job finished later than expected, rushing to finish just a little later than the guaranteed 45 minutes.
YHC with the take-out.