Watchtower is the closest AO to my home so it’s always a pleasure to post and Q at this site
Only 12 pax made it out on a beautiful 58 degree morning. The post Labor Day hangover must have been going strong.
DiCCS were given (Disclaimer, Cell phone, CPR, Safety)
- Mosey a complete loop around the parking lot
- Side Straddle Hop x 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 15 IC
- Merkins x 10
- Mountain Climbers x 10 IC
- Calf Stretch x 15 seconds, flapjack
Mosey to the start of interior road in front of the school.
- Up two lights for 5 Hand Release Release Merkins
- Back 1 light for 5 squats with good form
- Continue all the way to the far curb at the end of the road (7 or 8 lights I think)
Mosey down Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd. to the entrance of Brookmeade, the neighborhood with perfectly smooth perfect asphalt, and cross the road into the Wesley Springs neighborhood.
Mosey to Walnut Ridge Ct.
- Mike Tysons x 10, run to end
- Heels to Heaven x 10
- Two sets but end with a third round of Tysons
Mosey to Farm Ridge Ct.
- Shoulder Tap Merkins x 10, run to the end
- Mountain Climbers (2 is 1) x 10
- Two sets but end with a third round of Shoulder Tap Merkins
Mosey down Woodwinds all the way to Willow Ridge Ln.
- Burpees x 10 (crowd favorite), run to end
- Big Boys x 10
- Two sets but end with a third round of Burpees
Mosey all the way back up Woodwinds
- 10 single count speed skates at every light
Cross back over Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd. and Mosey to back of school, find some wall
- 10 Merkins, 10 Donkey Kicks
- 9 Merkins, 9 Donkey Kicks
- 8 Merkins, 8 Donkey Kicks
- Time was running short, mosey back to AO
Actually had about 90 second left
- Flutters x 10 IC
- Box Cutters x 10 IC
- Freddy Mercury’s x 15 IC
About 3 miles for everyone
Perfect morning out there today and if you missed it or another site you missed out. The humidity is back tomorrow.
There is definitely a difference in the two neighborhoods Watchtower has to offer. Brookmeade has wide streets and perfect asphalt and Wesley Springs has 24 grit asphalt perfect for ripping your hands and back.
It’s great to see some of the newer pax like Chatterbox post with such consistency and work hard, great job.
I felt the dirty looks when I called the burpees at the bottom of Woodwinds so I kept my head down to avoid eye contact and just started doing them hoping everyone would follow along which they did.
All in all, everyone did a great job staying together and working hard. Smaller groups tend to be a little more cohesive sometimes, especially back in neighborhoods and worked out perfectly today.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead today.