It finally happened. The gates were lowered, the drawbridge extended and Waxhaw Express took a field trip to the Crests of Briar. Why? Because the only time that worked for most of the pax that would attend was still 5:15am, they live in the CofB, and change of scenery is always nice. Would anyone care? Would anyone come?
Well, 5 pax (including 2 non-residents) craved the earlier start time and need for speed
DiCCS were given (Disclaimer, Cell phone, CPR, Safety)
- Mosey around Brutus’s block and all the way down Laurel Hill to the house with about 100 old school plastic blow mold decorations
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- Jimmy Dugans
- Calf Stretch
- Glidah stretch
- LBMC x 20
- Toy Soliders
Laurel “Hell” Segment:
- .25 mile uphill to the entrance of CofB
- Hard pace up the hill
- Slow Mosey back down
- Repeat x 5
- Mosey down Radcliffe to the top of Wynhurst
- ½ mile from one end of Wynhurst to the other
- Hard pace the entire length, mosey back for six to finish together
- 30 second breather
- Repeat x 4
- Mosey to the top of Radcliffe
Buckeye Block Segment
- Another ½ mile segment
- First two sections are downhill
- Last two sections are uphill
- One time then slow mosey back to start
Awesome to see Loafer and Flanders at Waxhaw Express. First of many trips aboard I assume. They are training for a half marathon and a good speed workout every week will surely help their training. Their goal was 4-5 miles today and I think they both got over 6. Great job.
Hurry and TT killed it today as usual. My goal during these workouts is to not get dropped….. too badly.
If you are on the fence about coming out to Waxhaw Express, come on out. You can’t get faster and can’t improve without getting uncomfortable. If this type of workout is outside your comfort zone that it may be just what you need. See you there!