For those wanting to join at different points along the rout, Here are your most ideal options in order of convenience:
- Park near the Waxhaw United Methodist Church in Downtown Waxhaw and do a warm-up mosey to 701 Main. Be at 701 Main by 9:55 so you do not miss the party. Total time will be ~1:00:00 to the end and we will end where you parked. Running distance from the start of this option is ~2.3 miles (includes lone mosey to 701 Main from near the church) and bootcamp will be ~30 minutes.
- Park at Millbridge Clubhouse and join the Trail Run portion. Be there by 8:15 and join the Gazelles as they make their turn back to the trail from there. After Commitment bootcamp we will be moseying back toward the clubhouse and you can jump in your car from there or continue on the rest of the course. Total time will be ~1:15:00 to the end of Commitment bootcamp or ~2:45:00 if you stay to the end in downtown. Running distance will be ~ 3.5 miles if you drop off after Commitment or ~ 7.1 miles if staying to the end.
- Look at this link to the schedule or further below in this pre-blast and look at this link to the map to figure out the best option for you. All points on the course are identified by the flags.
- You are encouraged to do the entire course so you don’t miss out on all of the fun!
Disclaimer: This is not an official event and is not sanctioned by F3 or FiA. There will be no road closures, medical professionals, safety personnel or public safety officials. Event organizers will not be held liable for any accidents, injuries, illnesses, deaths or medical emergencies experienced during or after Waxtravaganza. Your participation in this event is at your own risk.
When a PreBlast leads off with a disclaimer you know you have something exceptionally #CSAUP on your hands.
What: The F3 10 year anniversary has been postponed indefinitely due to COVID 19. With everyone bumbed about this fact Tuck and YHC have come up with a “little” #CSAUP of our own to unofficially celebrate those 10 years. We will be launching at 7:30 AM (7:00 AM for Ruckers) on Saturday, February 6th. This will be a really loooong bootcamp conceptually and a visit to a small subset of the many AO’s in the Waxhaw region. A lot of running (~11 Miles) broken up into several segments with ~10-15 minute bootcamps at each AO (and a couple of prospective new AO’s) that are along the route. Tuck and his Garmin App prowess has developed a course that will take us meandering through the heart of Waxhaw, through the mean streets of Millbridge and onto the Carolina Thread Trail. Due to the course length there will be many that would shy away from this idiocy but have no fear because we have a solution for you. There will be several jumping on/off points along the route where you can enter and exit the “fun” at your leisure, however, the fun really starts after the course is completed as that is when the 2nd F happens. When we complete the course there just happens to be a tap room (Waxhaw Taphouse) where you can enjoy a tasty beverage (or 3) of your choice to celebrate the completion of this stupidity (and the end of Dryuary for some). The Waxhaw Taphouse has graciously agreed to open an hour earlier than their normal time to accommodate our event so let’s make it more than worth their while!
Why? For the love of doing stupid & fun things that may or may not grab positive attention for F3 Waxhaw.
Who? Open to members of F3, FiA, family and friends. Please do not advertise/share on social media of any type. (Not very 2.0 friendly so probably should leave the kiddos at home for this one)
When? Saturday, February 6th at 7:30 AM. This event will go Rain or Shine/Heat or Cold. (Adjustments to the Thread Trail route will be made if it rains for safety)
Where? We will launch and end at THE Floater/Waxhaw United Methodist Church, however, you may enter and exit at any point along the route.
How? With all your heart and “sole” (See what I did there?)
Welcome to the long-awaited Waxhaw World Tour 2021 PreBlast. Before we get into it, a little housekeeping…
- Course Map The course map has the jump in/out points flagged for your convenience.
- This is NOT a race against other PAX for time. (This is You vs. You).
- There will be a time-keeper/s for logistics and to keep us on schedule but there will not be any awards for performance.
- We will pick up the SIX/MARY and stay together for the duration of the event. (No man left behind).
- The course will be ~11 miles with segments of between 0.8 & 1.9 miles with one exception of a 2.8 mile segment from Commitment back to 701 Main.
- The course will not be marked so we encourage all participants to study the course thoroughly to be familiar with the route.
- The course ranges from hilly to flat and will include some trail running(~3.0 miles) with the remainder of the surfaces being streets and sidewalks/paved walking paths.
- Please note that there will be no road closures or safety personnel. There are sidewalks available throughout most of the course and it is recommended that you use them as long as social distancing and your safety can be maintained. It is also highly recommended that you wear safety gear such as reflective clothing and a blinking light but it will be daylight for the duration of the event so anything but camouflage should be ok.
- Trail shoes are recommended for the Trail portion but not required. The paved surfaces we will be on for most of the course will wear down the soles of trail shoes so use your discretion.
- There are two crossings of Waxhaw-Marvin Rd. at Grace Presbyterian Church and the Millbridge entrance/exit. We will also cross over Hwy 75 at two points. One at 701 Main and the second at the Rail bridge. Try to cross together in large groups. (No playing FROGGER)
- There will NOT be any official Aid Stations however,
- There will be water and light snacks available at the Commitment AO for fuel but supplies will be limited.
- At each Participant’s own risk, you may drop off your own fuel and hydration and have it waiting for you at each AO. (See Map for flagged AO’s and below schedule for times)
Schedule of Events:
|Location||Start Time||End Time||Duration||Distance||Activity||Comments|
|Waxhaw UMC/THE Floater 200 McDonald St, Waxhaw, NC 28173||7:00||7:30||:30||0.0||Arrival & Fellowship/Rucking Launch||Park in Gravel Lot across from Church or anywhere downtown you can find a spot along the street.|
|Waxhaw UMC/Floater||7:30||7:33||:03||0.0||DiCCS||Disclaimer, CPR?, Cellphone?, Safety|
|Waxhaw-Marvin Rd.||7:33||7:45||:12||1.2||Warm-up Mosey|
|Grace Presbyterian Church/Prickle & Goo(new) 5017 Waxhaw-Marvin Rd, Waxhaw, NC 28173||7:45||7:55||:10||0.0||Stretching and Flexibility||Led by Paper Jam|
|Transition via Pursuit to MB Pool||7:55||8:15||:20||1.9||Mosey|
|MB Pool 1401 Millbridge Pkwy, Waxhaw, NC 28173||8:15||8:20||:05||0.0||Pick-Up the Six/Mary||Park at Millbridge Pool/Clubhouse and join the fun from there|
|Morning Woods Part I (Out)||8:20||8:35||:15||1.5||Trail Run||If it rains less than two days before event, run through MB/WC to Blackhawk|
|Blackhawk Bootcamp 1026 Crawford Dr, Lancaster, SC 29720||8:35||8:50||:15||0.0||Bootcamp||Park at Walnut Creek Pool/Clubhouse and join the fun from there|
|Morning Woods Part II (In)||8:50||9:07||:17||1.7||Trail Run||If it rains less than two days before event, run through WC/MB to Commitment|
|Commitment/H.C. Nesbit Park 1304 H C Nesbit Park Rd, Waxhaw, NC 28173||9:07||9:25||:18||0.0||Bootcamp/Fuel & Hydrate||Park at H. C. Nesbit Park Restroom/Equipment Bldg and join the fun from there|
|Transition to 701 Main Parking Lot||9:25||9:55||:30||2.8||Long Mosey|
|701 Main||9:55||10:00||:05||0.0||Pick-Up the Six/Mary|
|THE Floater/701 Main 701 W South Main St, Waxhaw, NC 28173||10:00||10:15||:15||0.0||Bootcamp||Park at 701 Main and join the fun from there(Really?)|
|Transition to Waxhaw Elem.||10:15||10:25||:10||0.8||Mosey|
|Waxhaw Elementary/The Lycan(new) AO 1101 Old Providence Rd, Waxhaw, NC 28173||10:25||10:40||:15||0.0||Bootcamp||Park at Waxhaw Elementary(You’ve gotta be kidding me?)|
|Return to Finish @ Floater 200 McDonald St, Waxhaw, NC 28173||10:40||10:50||:10||0.9||Mosey|
|2nd F @ Waxhaw Taphouse 110 McDonald St, Waxhaw, NC 28173||11:00||Until…||Unlimited||0.0||Fellowship||Get a ride home if you’ve had to much…|
- Times are approximate: If you intend to join the fun at one of the AO’s along the course then please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start in the table above. If the group isn’t there when you arrive and after you’ve waited 15 minutes then we have probably moved on to the next segment or JUST WAIT LONGER!!! because we haven’t arrived yet.
- Bootcamps will be led by one or both of that AO’s QIC or their designee and will be 15 minutes in duration except for Prickle & Goo which will be 10 minutes of warmorama.
- Ruckers: Launch for Ruckers will be 7:00. Follow the route and Ruckers will likely finish around the same time as the bootcampers.
- Shovel Flags: Bringem’ if you gottem! We can pass them along to the PAX so each can share the load as we transition to each AO but you are ultimately responsible for your flag.
- Parking: ***DO NOT PARK IN WAXHAW UMC PARKING LOT*** For downtown participants, please park in the gravel lot accross from Waxhaw UMC or an adjacent space along Church St., McDonald St. or Price St. For those meeting us along the route, please park in designated, marked parking spaces wherever you decide to join. If you park at a neighborhood clubhouse, please park away from buildings so residents don’t complain…
- Bathrooms: Restrooms are along the route, however, they are sporatic and not always open so bring some TP in a ziploc bag for #2 emergencies or there are plenty of trees around for #1.
- Registration Fee: ZERO! ZILCH! NADA! FREE!
- Fundraiser: We encourage you to make a donation to a cause of your choice but no funds will be collected at this event.
- Event Shirt: There will NOT be an event shirt. Wear any shirt you like although wearing a F3/F3 Waxhaw logo shirt would be highly encouraged… (Sleeves are optional Recalc unless you have tennis arms Bottle Cap) We will take a family photo to memorialize the event.
- Food and hydration: There will be limited waters and snacks provided at the Commitment AO but none will be provided after the race. Participants are highly encouraged to bring their own.
- Post-Event: Items that you are encouraged to bring for after the event include a towel, blanket (body temps drop quickly after a workout in the cold), change of clothes/shoes and a collapsible chair for the Taphouse beer garden as there will be limited seating and face covering will likely be required so bring those too.
- 2nd F: Even if you are not interested in doing the workout, join at the Taphouse for fellowship.
- Volunteers: There will be no volunteers for this event.
This is going to be Really CSAUP but REALLY FUN TOO!
We hope you join us for all or at least a portion of the event.