7 pax at Clean Slate for a last minute substi-Q. So what do you do when you’re a last-minute Q? You steal from your previous Q’s. And what do you do when you have an idea for an exercise? You over use it until you absolutely hate it.
Got to the site a bit early to pre-run and make sure the site was safe. Cold temps and rain had me concerned about the possibility of ice, but we’re in the clear.
Mosey towards the elementary school with a few stops along the way to warm up. Lots of SSHs, as well as a few stretches and miscellaneous others.
No one else but me had done the killer B’s, so they had no idea what they were in for. Same format as yesterday and just as awful.
- 1 Burpee
- 2 Burpees, 2 Bonnie Blairs
- 3 Burpees, 3 Bonnie Blairs, 3 Bear Crawls
- 4 Burpees, 4 Bonnie Blairs, 4 Bear Crawls, 4 Broad Jumps
- 5 Burpees, 5 Bonnie Blairs, 5 Bear Crawls, 5 Broad Jumps, 5 Bobby Hurleys
- 6 Burpees, 6 Bonnie Blairs, 6 Bear Crawls, 6 Broad Jumps, 6 Bobby Hurleys, 6 Bomb Jacks
- 7 Burpees, 7 Bonnie Blairs, 7 Bear Crawls, 7 Broad Jumps, 7 Bobby Hurleys, 7 Bomb Jacks, 7 Big Bois
- 8 Burpees, 8 Bonnie Blairs, 8 Bear Crawls, 8 Broad Jumps, 8 Bobby Hurleys, 8 Bomb Jacks, 8 Big Bois, 8 Box Cutters
There is some good distance between each of the schools, so from here on out all moseys are Indian runs. I promised the Pax that if they didn’t Indian Run (meaning the sprinting to the front from the rear) we would just keep running. They mostly complied.
Front of the HS for some partner work.
- Short lap around the front island and a collective 200 Dips and 150 Step Ups for each pairing.
Another Mosey to the bus lot for a Starfish. Again, if you’re reading this and you also read the Swarm backblast then it’ll look a bit familiar.
- 20 reps of Dry Docks, 20 LBCs, 20 Squats, and 20 Plank Jacks. 5 Burpees every time you complete a corner.
Another Mosey, slowly making our way to the middle school car line. With some nice long straightaways we did one round of track work.
- Race speed, recovery speed, finish line speed, and recover.
Posse then refused to give me a 10-count, so Catfish did it for me. Weird.
A quick Mosey to the back of the school for a little Ring Around the Pax. Each Pax calls out an exercise and runs away while the rest of the Pax have to do the named exercise. Exercises included (but not limited to): Squats, Dry Docks, Merkins, American Hammers, and more!
Nigh out of time we bid our adieu to the middle school and made the long journey back to COT.
Posse attempted to turn every exercise name into a killer B (hence the title) but I think I was the only one who laughed. Anchor Bolt made his second post EVER this morning and just kept trucking along. Great job! Draino was quiet and I don’t think he likes me. Slidah, uh, injured himself elsewhere. Something about an overuse of his hand. Sketchy on the details. Regardless, he didn’t let that slow him down and even went above and beyond with some leg lifts during the step ups. Dilbert didn’t complain at all. Apparently I didn’t run him enough. Next time!! And Catfish kept our spirits up with a Foo Fighters soundtrack for the whole hour. Good job as a new Site Q buddy. Sometimes your plans fall through and you’re stuck without a Q. He was prepared to Q it himself but at some point remembered that I’d promised to tour the campus for him. Thanks for the invite buddy!
Q School – March 6th, 6:30 to 8:00 at Cuthbertson. All are welcome. If you’ve never been you should definitely sign up. If you’re looking for a refresher then please sign up. https://forms.gle/iqsQ1jp3BVsuziCt9
Catfish took us out