Hard workouts can be scary. We get it. That’s why there are famous quotes like:
- “First of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is
fearcowbell itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.” FDR.
- ““He who has overcome his fears of cowbell will truly be free.” Aristotle
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear cowbell
never beginning to live.” Marcus Aurelius
- “Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears unless they are about cowbell.” Rudyard Kipling
- “Ignorance of cowbell is the parent of fear.” Herman Melville
Understanding that, we weren’t surprised when only 4 guys showed up for cowbell. Feeling empathy for the petrified no-shows, we got to work.
We did swings, squats, side squats, ladder squats and swings, the sugar ray, the swinging lunge, the regular lunge, plank row and merkin ladders, lawnmowers, heavy big boy and twist ladders, heavy big boys, twists, cockroaches, and took a long farmer’s walk around the target with partner merkin chasers. And we did a bunch of sprints. Total of 5.73 miles by the apple watch.
T-claps in particular to Popeye for stepping up to the big bell today, and for his already-progress with intermittent fasting. Dasher is Mr. well-rounded, and brings power with the speed — always has. And Baio continues to impress with speed and grit. Everybody today was 49 or 42. Man, we are in our prime.
Thanks to Popeye for the takeout. Let us all love more.