They said it couldn’t be done. I’m not sure who “they” is/are, but I had my own doubts about being able to hit the mandatory 4 miles, stopping to “admire” Christmas lights, and doing gear all in the same workout.
Arrive early to find our COT light is back so I set up stretching shop there. Pax trickle in and get the disclaimer. I ask that the fastest guys circle back every time for the 6 – no Mary. 5:15 and we are off.
Mosey to the high school painted rock hill. Calf Stretch on the curb. We play would you rather. Would you rather bear crawl the hill or run around the long way. 3 clydesdales chose wisely while the rest of the group got the extra mileage. Jimmy Duggan at the top of the hill waiting on the 6. Cross Cuthbertson road together.
Christmas time in Champion Forest.
- 1 jump squat per inflatable
- 3 jumping lunges per house that is lit with Christmas lights (2 is 1 so 6 total)
- 5 burpees per nativity scene.
From memory, there were 4 nativity scenes, roughly 55 blow ups, and 12 houses lit. Two houses hit the trifecta with one of each with one house being the pax favorite – 42 inflatables, Christmas lights, and a nativity.
Regrouped the pax together for a faster mosey to the top of Chisholm Court and then down to my house. We arrive to find
Christmas Gifts dumbells ranging from 20 to 35 pounds stacked nearly under the Christmas Tree Mailbox. Partner up. P1 does an excercise while P2 runs to the top of the street and back. Excercises were:
- Curls w 20 lb dumbbells
- Tricep extension with 35 lb kettle
- Overhead Press with 25 lb dumbbells
- Curl/Press/Tricep Extensoin with 30 lb dumbell
- Chest Press with 30 lb Dumbbell
- Merkins (ran out of weights)
royally screwed up and did the wrong things adapted well and we finished after everyone completed their last exercise when someone decided they wanted to be done and told the group we were done.
Mosey back up Chisholm where we started the tour of lights again back to the four way. Recovered the group and toured lights back to the stop light where once again the 42 inflatables were a crowd favorite. Wave to the Champion Forest couple our for their early morning walk – will we get the husband to join us for some stupidity one day????
Mosey back down to the inflatable house a third time to take in all its glory. AUDIBLE. Trash truck pulling in and I decided it was best to get back to the high school and than to play frogger with the trash truck.
Cross Cuthberson together and ask the pax to mosey to the football field fence. When the first gazelle arrives, hit the fence and run back to the painted rock. As you get passed by the fastest Gazelle, turn around and follow him.
Regroup at the rock. Back towards the Middle School stopping at every 3rd light for 5 Merkins. Amazingly if you start at the rock, it is an even 3 split when you get to the middle school.
1 minute 30 seconds left, call for a hot lap around the parking lot. Arrive to COT on time. Done.
- I called out some Clydesdales to push harder and try something new. My call was answered by several and I thank them for not only coming out today, but working hard. At no point in the workout did I think the 6 was more than 1 or 2 houses behind.
- No Ice 9 dry heaves today. The gear gave him a solid break I believe.
- I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to fit everything in, but I did. I got 4.1 miles. Several of the gazelles that circled got over 4.5 miles.
- I wasn’t sure how the gear was going to be received by the ignition crew, but I did want to throw them a curve ball. Most seemed ok with it but there were a few that I will be watching my back all day for a Tonya Harding sneak attack.
- Great to have Hollywood back out for his second workout since returning from Covid. Even with his lungs not at 100%, he wiped the floor with me today.
- Flash apparently forgot where our original COT is located. My push to have them relocate to the right location was met with jeers and boos (because I guess they didn’t want to walk 20 feet???). For those not there today, THE COT light is back. Meet back at the original light.
- Christmas Eve Convergence (Friday, Dec 24) at Cuthbertson Middle School. 6:30 Holiday Hours. Second F coffee and Doughnuts provided after the workout.
- Look our for more info on both the Effee’s and Waxhawstraviganza.