Quotes from the Gloom:
- “Citius, Altius, Fortius—Communiter” – Olympic motto (in Latin)
Fun fact: The official Olympic motto of “Faster, Higher, Stronger” that has been in place for the last 140 years, was officially changed in 2021. It is now “Faster, Higher, Stronger—Together”.
Getting better together is what F3 is all about. So, with that in mind and the Winter Olympics going on, it seemed like a good time to have a themed workout at Clyent Dinner.
- Mosey from CoT around the Parking Lot to a nice alcove. It’s always amazing how much energy those 2.0’s have right out of the gate. 🚀
- Grab some wall and do Prime the Pump (Fairly rapid calf raises while steadying self against a wall or piece of playground equipment.) x30 IC
- Side Straddle Hop x20 IC
- Merkins x10 IC
- Big Boy Sit-ups x15 IC
- We are now somewhat warm, so…
- Mosey back past CoT to the start of the path along the West side of campus.
- Plank-o-Rama! (i.e., feats of agility)
- Right arm straight out – 15 seconds
- Left arm straight out – 15 seconds
- Right arm out to the side – 15 seconds
- Left arm out to the side – 15 seconds
- Right arm to the sky – 15 seconds
- Right leg lifted up to the sky (along with arm) – 15 seconds
- Left arm to the sky – 15 seconds
- Left leg lifted up to the sky (along with arm) – 15 seconds
- High Plank – 15 seconds
- Elbow Plank – 15 seconds
- High Plank – 15 seconds
- AMRAP time! (i.e., feats of strength and stamina)
- Explain to everyone that “AMRAP” stands for “As Many Reps As Possible”.
- Basically trying to see how many of each exercise we could do within 1 minute while maintaining good form. You vs. You
- Big Boy Sit-ups
- After each exercise, we recorded each person’s # of reps. I think the 2.0’s enjoyed reporting their numbers, but the adults didn’t quite care as much (they just appreciated the break while I wrote down the numbers on the white board).
- Relay time! (i.e., feats of speed and teamwork)
- Divide into teams of 5 or 6.
- Relay Round 1
- Line up in teams along the field.
- One team member runs down the field, around the tree, and back to starting point.
- Tag next team member, etc.
- Repeat until all team members have gone twice.
- Relay Round 2
- Divide team in half.
- Have one half of team wait at the tree.
- One team member Bear Crawls down the field to the tree and tags the next team member.
- Next team member Crab Walks back to starting point.
- Repeat until all team members have done both Bear Crawl and Crab Walk.
- Rock Pile Round 1 (i.e., additional feats of strength)
- Everyone pick a reasonably-sized rock and we do the following together…
- Curls x25
- Overhead Press x20
- Tricep Extensions x15
- Shuttle Run (i.e., feats of speed)
- Run to marker 1, back to starting point, run to marker 2 (farther out), back to starting point. X2
- Rock Pile Round 2 (i.e., final feats of strength)
- Return to rock and do the following:
- Chest Press x20
- Big Boy Sit-ups x15
- Squat Thrusters x10
- Mosey back to CoT for a final…
- Jack Webb (i.e., feats of endurance)
- Merkin x1 / Air Press x4 IC
- We only got up to…
- Merkin x5
Moleskine (i.e., Spreadsheets from the Gloom)
Great work from our big group! My 2.0’s and I were especially excited to come out and share our “theme” of “faster, higher, stronger—together”. We planned out a bunch of things ahead of time for one of the big fields and then came early to Cutty to set up.
We surveyed Field #1—darn, soccer games going on.
Field #2?—Lacrosse practice.
Random area #3?—Serious? That’s being used, too?!
So, we had to reevaluate some of our planned activities, but were still able to piece something together on the fly and I think it worked out okay. Loved the huge turnout. The nicer weather definitely brings out the troops. Can’t wait for the Summertime when we have big groups every week! =)
- Waxtravaganza Part Deux (a CSAUP)
- Saturday, 02/12/22
- Start at Waxhaw Methodist Church
- Ruck launches at 7:00A
- Bootcamp launches at 7:33A
- End at 11:00-ish with CoT and Family Photo
- (Nothing exists in my mind right now past Waxtravaganza.)